TiE Women ALW – IP (Trademarks and Copyrights – Significance and Management
In the first session of TiE Women Active Learning Workshops, the presentation will highlight the following:
- What intellectual property (IP) is and how it plays a major part of the success of a business?
- The different types of businesses and the importance of the different types of IP for these businesses.
- The risks to a business if IP is neglected: risk of losing business and risk of being sued.
- How IP can create new revenue streams for a business and build the values of a company?
- What issues to consider when protecting IP.
- Real life company examples both from successfully addressing their IP and problems faced when not properly addressing their IP.